Do Awnings Add Value to Your Home?
Have you been thinking about installing awnings on your Ottawa home, but you’re wondering if they’re worth the investment? Maybe you’re wondering if adding awnings will increase the value of your home.
In terms of adding value to your Ottawa home, there are several ways that awnings can do this ranging from added living space to energy savings, and yes, perhaps even an increased selling price for your house!
Here are a few of the benefits that you can get from installing an awning:
- Added living and entertainment space – Installing an awning allows you, your family, and your guests to spend more time outdoors – essentially increasing your living space for much of the year. You won’t have to worry about the blazing sun or even light rain – your awning will provide ample protection against the elements.
- Protection for your home – awnings don’t just protect people from the elements, but they can help protect your home as well from the sun, rain, and even hail and snow. And by keeping UV light from entering your home, they protect your furniture and window treatments from fading. In addition to protecting parts of your home, your awning can also protect furniture and other items that may be on your porch or patio.
- Add to Your Home’s Market Value – A well-maintained and attractive awning can increase how much your home sells for when the time comes.
- Improve Your Home’s Curb Appeal – Today’s awnings come in a variety of styles and colours, so you can easily find one that suits your home. Awnings can add beauty to your home and offer a very welcoming appearance to your guests.
- Save on Your Energy Bills – Because awnings help to prevent your home from being exposed to direct sunlight, they can help you save money on air conditioning during the hottest months of the year. If you choose an awning that is retractable, you can also make sure it is retracted during the winter months so that sunlight can reach your home to help warm it.
- Keep Bird Poop Off Your Patio – Another benefit of awnings is that they help protect your porch or patio from bird droppings, keeping your patio furniture clean. And don’t worry about your awning – they are easy to clean with a mild soap solution and some water.
- Create Ambiance with String Lights – If you want to make your awning feel a little more festive or add some ambiance, hanging a string of lights on your awning can add some extra beauty, especially at night. Just make sure to choose something lightweight so as not to damage your awning.
Contact Jans Awnings Today
There are many ways that awnings can add value to your Ottawa home. If you have questions or would like to further explore the idea of installing an awning on your home, give us a call today to speak with a member of our team.