There really isn’t much you can do when it’s snowing and the outdoor areas in your home become almost unusable and you long for the weather to change. But then the same thing happens in the summer months too.
There are days where you simply want to lounge around outdoors and enjoy the open air but the sun prevents you from doing so. This is exactly where Jans Awnings & Rollshutters comes into the picture. We have a range of products that ensure you can enjoy the outdoors without having to weather the elements.
The Benefits of Awnings
The simplest method of enjoying outdoor living spaces is to have some shading elements above them. We have a range of awnings, screens and shades that will provide you with the shade you need. In addition, these elements provide some more benefits such as:
- Energy Savings – Our awnings, shades and screens are aesthetically appealing but they also save energy in your home, shop or office. Most buildings and homes have large glass windows to let in sunlight and air. But a lot of heat gets through these windows even when they are shut.
Solar radiation streaming through the glass accounts for approximately 20% of your air-conditioning costs. Adding an awning or a screen to outside patio and balcony doors is one way of saving on energy bills.
- Protects the Interiors – Most homeowners spend a lot of time and trouble decorating their home with the best fabric for sofas, chairs and curtains. There might also be wooden polished furniture in these indoor spaces. Very bright sunlight tends to fade the fabric and damages the polish on your expensive furniture.
The minute you add deep awnings outside your windows, it blocks out the heat, and all your precious furniture, carpets, expensive rugs and curtains are protected from the harsh rays of the sun.
We offer a range of products that are made of durable, strong and flame retardant materials. We have products such as:
- Retractable Awnings – These provide very effective protection from the rain and sun and are available in automatic and manual variants. We are also able to customize the widths for you, down to the inch.
- Rollshutters – These are perfect for residential, cottage or business security. They are also customizable and can be used on screen storage areas, large windows, storefronts and pool houses. These provide your property with the security it needs and offers heat insulation (even after sundown), which helps you save on energy bills.
- Screens & Shutters – These are the ideal method of enhancing your patio, porch or gazebo. They are available in motorized-retractable styles and keep these areas well-shaded. These areas can then be comfortably used to relax and entertain in.
If you require awnings, rollshutters, or screens & shutters in the Ottawa area, contact Jans Awnings & Rollshutters at 613-832-2345. Alternatively send us your questions via our online form and we will call you as soon as possible.